Monday 27 July 2015

Django Django⎜Vesuvio Solo

Show: Django Django + Vesuvio Solo
Venue: Le National, Montreal
Date: Sunday, July 26th, 2015

First set started early, 8pm. Arrived on time. Shouldn't have. Wasn't really impressed with Vesuvio Solo. Am being nice because was actually suffering watching them play. Couldn't chat with my friend, she hadn't planned on arriving until 9pm.

Why didn't I enjoy the first set? It's not my type of music. Not their fault. I love pop music when something new is brought to the mix. Not the case this time.





The connection with the crowd was missing. Wonder if they were enjoying it. Having said that, the singer's pitch was good.

Won't add anything more since after a couple of songs I left Le National for le Cheval Blanc. A bar a few blocs away from the venue. The bartenders are cute. Chatted with a stranger at the bar. Stéphane "Sex au Bureau" as his friend named him. Didn't ask any further details about that.

I find V back at Le National for the main set. Wary at first since I don't know anything about Django Django and they had an image of a large naked man full of muscles in the background. Took me only 5 minutes to start dancing to the beat of the music. They're good.

Django Django

Actually they're wiz kids with instruments. The drummer even starts playing with a cardboard box. It sounds amazing. V told me she previously saw them at the Petit Campus. A heck of a party apparently. At Le National the crowd is just as alive. Good crowds change everything. Vincent Neff, the singer, asked us to sit down, we sat down. He asked us to wave our hands left and right, we waved our hands left and right. Not all musicians have that power. Reminds me of when Connan Mockasin proposed we remove our shirts. (The rest is history).

Waving hands



Unfortunately the show ended at 10:30pm with only one encore.
Kind of short guys.


Crowd


No comments:

Post a Comment