Friday 31 July 2015

Seoul⎜Diana⎜Un Blonde

Show: Seoul + Diana + Un Blonde
Venue: Théâtre Fairmount, Montreal
Date: Thursday, July 30th, 2015

Arrived there too early, nothing new. I should've learned my lesson by now. Came to see Un Blonde which was scheduled to play at 9pm. When they do set foot on stage, around 9:30pm, my friend V is nowhere to be seen or heard. I get concerned. I figure she fell asleep in bed or got kidnapped by a bad dude. Turns out I was wrong. She arrives alive and well 15 minutes later. Gotta learn to chill man (her words).

Un Blonde is great. On some songs you think there's no rhythm but oops! You've been fooled. It's there. You just have to be patient. The music is experimental but accessible. I don't know how Jean-Sebastien Audet does it. I think he might be a perfectionist.





Only one problem though. He's quite theatrical. Being over-dramatic on stage might turn people off. Still it's quite a show to watch.

Un Blonde


The second set is ok. Actually there's nothing wrong. Diana is good. Only 80's pop music just doesn't do it to me anymore. I like it raw.



The singer has good stage presence. She looks uncomfortable but also saying f**k you with her body language. Good control on her voice. There was a saxophone. V has aversions to those (with some exceptions). Ça "scrap un peu la patente" she says.

As Seoul steps on stage, am completely exhausted and have a hard time paying attention to the performance. Sorry guys. All I can say is that their ultra clear special edition vinyl is quite a beauty. Never seen a vinyl that transparent. Buy it if you are at all interested in that kind of stuff.



Walked back home, bought a Red Bull in order to stay awake and write this post. Usually I wake early in the morning to write. Wanted to try something different. Didn't work though. Still fell asleep.

Ok. By. I've got to get to work. Bills to pay you know.

Walking back home.


No comments:

Post a Comment