Saturday 15 August 2015

Corridor at Quai des Brumes

Show: Red Mass + Corridor + New Swears
Venue: Quai des Brumes, Montreal
Date: Friday, August 14th, 2015

V and I had no intentions in staying out late that evening. We were by the bar at the Sala Rosa when JP texted us. He's at the Quai des Brumes waiting for the show to start. We join him without a single doubtful moment. The event is to celebrate Analogue Addiction's two year anniversary.

Three band's play that evening but only one of them caught my attention: Corridor. It's loud with great guitar harmonies to describe it bluntly. Couldn't understand what was sang but wasn't really bothered by that. As if the music as a whole made it ok for the voice to be buried in sound.




Corridor

As for the two other bands, I got a bit bored. Sorry.

I can't help but compare the New Swears to The Black Lips, only the latter is better. It's a tough thing to avoid comparison when you sound so much like another band. Good performers they are though.




The New Swears. photo credit: JP

With Red Mass, I don't think I should say anything bad considering it's Roy Vucino's band. Maybe I'm shooting myself in the foot. Only it feels like they could really rock the place but something's stopping them.



Was at the bar drinking my whisky by the end of the show, sometimes talking to strangers, sometimes not. Took a pic of someone's T (with his permission of course). Apparently the T-shirt is from an 80's horror movie where people are transformed into pastel colours. 




The only reason this is online is I truly think you should get to know Corridor.

xx China

No comments:

Post a Comment