Saturday 21 March 2015

Tops | She-Devils

Show: Tops + She-Devils
Venue: Bar le "Ritz" PDB
Date: Friday, March 20th, 2105

I don't have a septum piercing but I do wear patterned socks. Even so, didn't feel like I fit in. Many young people as seen on Nightlife.ca's event photos. Where style is very important. Those event photos separate Montrealer's into two classes. The ones that are photographed (the cool ones) and the ones that aren't (the nobodies). All this was running through my mind as I was waiting for my friend to show up. She found a ticket online for the sold out show but forgot it. Had to head back home and get it.

She-Devils was good. A mixture of rock and roll and gothic played by a two piece band. Audrey Ann on voice and Kyle on everything else. A remixer I guess you would say? He is what makes the music effective. Love what he creates. On the other hand Audrey Ann is pitchy. Being pitchy is a tough thing. Sometimes it works. Sometimes not so much. She looked nervous also. The reason maybe it didn't feel right.




She has a certain presence on stage though. My friend V, a concert photographer on her free time, didn't wait long before getting her camera out.

She-Devils taken with my iphone.

Started getting warm at the Ritz. A perfect temperature for the next to come on stage: Tops. A summertime ideal. Easygoing and fun to dance to.





Jane Penny's voice is amazing. You'd be tempted to think a voice like that is only heard best when recorded. You're wrong. Just as good live.

my Iphone. Tops.


By the end of the show. We were at the back of the venue. Not as many septum piercings there. V got approached by a guy. More like he started hugging her out of the blue. She immediately told him to fuck off.

Woke up next morning with a bad headache. Only took 3 beers. Maybe I'm getting too old for this shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment